Monday, January 10, 2011

Liar Liar, Pants on Fire

I got VERY angry recently when someone lied to someone I love. I was so angry that it took me three days to fully calm down. Let's just say I don't tolerate having a loved one lied to, specifically for your own gain. That person made my heart hurt. That person made be bitter. That person made me a nasty person to be around. That person made me LIE and tell others I was fine.

In the words of Miranda Lambert, "The truth comes out a little at a time."

Yes, we all lie. We all shift the truth at times to protect ourselves or others. We complement when we don't want to, we promise things that won't necessarily happen. We claim to be fine when we're not. We all do it and if you don't, well then by all means, CAST THE FIRST STONE.

I say that to say this: if your lying is only out of selfishness, you are a sad, sick person. If you know that someone needs help but you think your personal agenda is more important, you are in bad shape. If your selfishness is what rules your life, you will spend your life with tunnel vision.

Just remember, GOD is watching. He and Karma are not a pair to be reckoned with. I do not want to be present when they both give you a well-deserved smack on the bottom... or slap in the face.

I'll be over here helping people when they need it and keeping my white lies to a minimum. Thanks for teaching me a lesson, you-who-lies. Thank you for accidentally making me accountable.

In the words of John Mayer, "I believe that my life's going to see the love I gave returned to me."

The truth will set you free.
M

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey girl, i feel for you because this does not sound like a fun situation at all. i totally know what its like to be angry for three days and i hate myself when i am like that! prayers for ya!